General Information. Official name- Canada
Canada is a country which is located in the northern part of North America. It is renowned world wide for its vast untouched landscapes , blend of cultures and rich and natural beauty. The quality of education and standard of living in Canada are amongst the highest in the world.The UN ranks Canada as one of the best and safest place to live in. one of the key components of Canadian post secondary education is “Research”. Canada has a highly dynamic and hands on academic environment. Cost of living and tuition fee for international students are generally lower than US & UK. It is the most preferred destination for students who wish to pursue college or university education.
• Capital – Ottawa
• Largest City- Toronto
• Population : 35.16 million
• Official Languages – English, French
• Government – Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
• Monarch – Elizabeth II
• Governor – General – David Johnston
• Prime Minister – Justin Trudeau • • Currency- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
• ISD Code: +1
• Temperature :Subarctic in South and Arctic in North
• Minimum Wages / Hour– $10.25
• International Airports – Calgary(YYC), Edmonton(YEG), Halifax(YHZ), Montreal(YMX), Ottawa (YOW), Toronto (YYZ), Vancouver (YVR) , Winnipeg (YWG)
Why study in Canada?
• One of the top-ranked education system in the world
• Strong growing economy with large manpower shortage.
• Large number of prestigious universities
• Affordable tuition fees with semester wise payment
• Less time and easy visa processing.
• Range of job focussed programmes with Co-op.
• Nomination for Immigration to Canada under Provincial Nominee Programs.
• Post-graduate work permits upon completion of studies related to field of study.
• Option for permanent residency which takes up to 15 to 18 months from within Canada
• Canada welcomes over 2 lakh immigrants per year & has a policy for skilled professionals as well as Business Immigrants
• A person who is a Canadian Permanent Resident may apply for Canadian Citizenship after 3 years.
Major Intakes - January /May /September
A person who is a Canadian Permanent Resident may apply for Canadian Citizenship after 4 years.