- Official name- Canada
- Capital – Ottawa
- Largest City- Toronto
- Population : 35.16 million
- Official Languages – English, French
- Government – Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
- Monarch – Elizabeth II
- Governor – General – David Johnston
- Prime Minister – Justin Trudeau
- Currency- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- ISD Code: +1
- Temperature :Subarctic in South and Arctic in North
- Minimum Wages / Hour– $10.25
- International Airports – Calgary(YYC), Edmonton(YEG), Halifax(YHZ), Montreal(YMX), Ottawa (YOW), Toronto (YYZ), Vancouver (YVR) , Winnipeg (YWG)
Why study in Canada?
- One of the top-ranked education system in the world
- Strong growing economy with large manpower shortage.
- Large number of prestigious universities
- Affordable tuition fees with semester wise payment
- Less time and easy visa processing.
- Range of job focussed programmes with Co-op.
- Nomination for Immigration to Canada under Provincial Nominee Programs.
- Post-graduate work permits upon completion of studies related to field of study.
- Option for permanent residency which takes up to 15 to 18 months from within Canada
- Canada welcomes over 2 lakh immigrants per year & has a policy for skilled professionals as well as Business Immigrants
- A person who is a Canadian Permanent Resident may apply for Canadian Citizenship after 3 years.
January /May /September
WORK RIGHTS AND STAY BACK
- Work on campus : You may work on campus at the institution where you study without a work permit.
- Work off campus : work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.
- Work permit : The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program offers you a work permit up to 3 years depending on the course duration.
A person who is a Canadian Permanent Resident may apply for Canadian Citizenship after 4 years.
- Study in Canada: http://www.studycanada.ca
- Canada Immigration: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english
- Directory of Canada: http://www.cicdi.ca/395/directory-of-universities-colleges-and-schools-in-canada.canada
- Minimum Wages: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_Canada