Gain a solid business education to complement your existing work experience with a Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Our MBA currently ranks in the top three in Australia and number eight in the global Top 20 by CEO magazine for its excellent lecturers, small class sizes, student diversity, value-for-money and international study options. The 2015 Australian Finanical Review BOSS Magazine ranked VU’s MBA in Australia’s top 10 programs.
Delivered by the Victoria Graduate School of Business (VGSB), the MBA covers a broad range of business and management disciplines. Tailor your MBA by completing elective units in a particular business area of study.
The course will cover all aspects of managing a business and does not assume any previous studies in business or management.
Elective areas of study include:
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- Human Resources Management and Industrial Relations
- Information Systems
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Sport Business
- Innovation, Knowledge and Change Management.
Exemptions are available for completed units in the CPA Professional Program and The ICAA Chartered Accountants Program. Please contact the course coordinator for further details.
Careers – Study MBA in Australia
Career progression toward senior management roles that may include:
- Chief executive officer
- Chief information officer
- Marketing/communications director
- Human resources director
- Financial manager
Organisations employing MBA graduates
Our students come from a range of professional backgrounds and gain employment in dynamic management and consulting roles in Australia and overseas within the finance, information technology, marketing, engineering, construction, tourism and sporting industries.
Past graduates have gone on to work for organisations such as the United Nations, started their own business or gained a solid business education to complement their existing experience.
Australian MBA graduates have the highest MBA compensation (salary plus bonus) in the world at an average of A$142,700 (QS TopMBA Jobs and Salary Report)(external link).
Students can study abroad at Neoma Business School, France as part of VU’s exchange program, providing valuable networking and learning opportunities.
Our MBA has a 5-star rating by the Good Universities Guide(external link) for its academic qualifications.
Students gain hands-on experience, with assessment designed to solve real business problems through simulation or working with an industry or community partner.
Study MBA in Australia
On successful completion of this course, working independently or in collaborative groups, graduates of the course will be able to:
- Critically reflect upon theoretical approaches and analyse their application to achieve effective management strategies.
- Justify and interpret theoretical propositions and related bodies of knowledge to critically evaluate the resolution of business problems and recommend actions relevant to contemporary business settings.
- Critically apply cross disciplinary knowledge in decision making with creativity for new contexts.
- Demonstrate accountability in autonomous and collaborative judgements and innovative strategic thinking in response to contemporary and future professional management challenges.
- Work as a reflective practitioner to formulate, implement and evaluate industry-specific investigations to resolve complex professional problems and inform management decision making.
- Communicate effectively to specialist and non- specialist audiences including multi-disciplinary teams, diverse cultural communities and business and other professional organisations.
- Exemplify initiative and leadership in a dynamic 21st century work environment, acting consistently, ethically and socially responsibly.
- Plan and execute a substantial research based project or evidence-based capstone experience linked to contemporary sustainable, socially responsible and ethical management practices to generate and evaluate complex ideas and concepts at abstract and practical levels.